Do you want to know how to get hold of companies that offer you mutual funds to invest with your money? In this article, you will see the alphabetical list of investment companies in the Philippines, their contact information, and the funds that they manage.
If you are still learning about investing in them, you can also visit our beginners’ guide on mutual funds. You might be interested to read the complete list of mutual funds and the best-performing funds in 2019.
Benefits of investing in one investment company
There are actually many advantages when you choose to open with an investment company that manages several funds. One, you can actually open multiple investments in one go as you’re only dealing with one institution.
Two, it’s easy to transfer from one fund to another when the company offers multiple funds. While there are paperwork involved, the process is pretty straightforward. Transferring may be needed when you want to change strategy such as moving from conservative bond funds to more aggressive stock funds.
Three, transactions can be made with partner banks. This is true when the investment company and mutual fund are affiliated with or sister company of a well-known bank. You can open account, start investing, reinvest, or redeem shares at a bank nearest you.
Lastly, you’re only going to deal with one customer care to manage your investments, which is something impossible when your investments are maintained by various companies.
ALFM Mutual Funds
ALFM Mutual Funds are the largest group of mutual funds in the Philippines. They are managed and distributed by the BPI Investment Management Inc., a subsidiary of Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)., which had over ₱100 billion worth of asset in its portfolio. In the table below, I have included two other funds as BPI Investment is their fund manager and primary distributor.
Online application. You may choose to enroll online. Just follow the instruction found here.
Monthly investment. Should you wish to reinvest automatically each month there is a BPI auto-debit facility. Your bank account gets deducted and the amount goes to your choice of fund.
- ALFM Dollar Bond Fund, Inc.
- ALFM Euro Bond Fund, Inc.
- ALFM Global Multi-Asset Income Fund Inc.
- ALFM Growth Fund, Inc.
- ALFM Money Market Fund, Inc.
- ALFM Peso Bond Fund, Inc.
- Bahay Pari Solidaritas Fund, Inc.
- Ekklesia Mutual Fund Inc.
- Philippine Stock Index Fund, Inc.
ATR Asset Management
ATR Asset Management was established in July 1995 as Mutual Fund Management Co. of the Philippines (MFMCP), which was then called Kabuhayan Fund. Clemente Fund Management Asia Ltd. was the investment advisor, principal distributor and administrator. The company was revamped and renamed in 2003 upon purchase of 83% stake by the Maybank ATR Kim Eng Capital Partners, Inc.
It is the investment manager of seven SEC-licensed mutual funds. On February 1, 2019, the company took over the management of Soldivo Bond Fund and Soldivo Strategic Growth Fund from Rampver Financials.
- Atram Alpha Opportunity Fund, Inc.
- Atram Asiaplus Equity Fund,Inc.
- Atram Corporate Bond Fund, Inc.
- Atram Dynamic Allocation Fund, Inc.
- Atram Philippine Balanced Fund,Inc.
- Atram Philippine Equity Opportunity Fund,Inc.
- Atram Total Return Bond Fund, Inc.
- Soldivo Bond Fund, Inc.
- Soldivo Strategic Growth Fund, Inc.
CLIMBS Investment Management and Advisory Corporation
|Name||Climbs Investment Management and Advisory Corporation|
|Address||CDO: CLIMBS Building, Tiano corner Pacana Streets, Cagayan de Oro City 9000, Misamis Oriental, Philippines
Manila: Unit 505, 5th Floor, EU State Tower, 30 Quezon Avenue, Quezon City 1100
|Phone||+6388 859-0075 | 0933-813-1914 | 0920-946-9897|
|Fax||+6388 856-1355 local 104|
The CLIMBS Investment Management and Advisory Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of CLIMBS Life and General Insurance Cooperative, manages the CLIMBS Share Capital Equity Investment Fund Corporation. It was licensed (primary and secondary) by the Securities and Exchange Commission in May 19, 2017.
- Climbs Share Capital Equity Investment Fund Corporation
Cocolife Asset Management Company, Inc.
The Cocolife Asset Management Company, Inc. was established on May 17, 2003 as a subsidiary of COCOLIFE. It currently manages three funds.
- Cocolife Dollar Fund Builder (US$)
- Cocolife Fixed Income Fund, Inc.
- United Fund, Inc.
First Metro Asset Management Inc. (FAMI)
|Name||First Metro Asset Management Inc. (FAMI)|
|Address1||18F PSBank Center, 777 Paseo de Roxas Ave. corner Sedeno Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City 1226
|Phone1||(632) 941-3264 | (02) 891-2860 to 65|
|Address2||Level 1 eBloc 4 Building, JM Del Mar Street, Asiatown IT Park, Cebu City|
|Address3||Ground Floor First Metro Investors Center, Hotel UNO Building, CM Recto Street, Davao City|
The First Metro Asset Management Inc. (FAMI) was established in 2005. The company is composed of First Metro Investment Corporation (FMIC), the Catholic Educational Association of the Philippines, and the Marist Brothers Congregation Philippines, Inc. The FMIC is the investment arm of the Metrobank group. The company manages the following mutual funds.
Online application. The company allows you to start investing online. You can open an account by following the step-by-step instruction found on their website. Just make sure that you have at least 2 valid identification card. For joint account, you may be asked to present at least 2 valid ID card for both parties and other forms. Special instructions are also available for businesses.
Monthly reinvestment. You can enroll in their monthly investment program. It is a facility that allows automatic deduction.
The company offers the following funds.
- First Metro Save and Learn Balanced Fund Inc.
- First Metro Save and Learn Dollar Bond Fund, Inc.
- First Metro Save and Learn Equity Fund,Inc.
- First Metro Save and Learn Fund, Inc.
- First Metro Save and Learn Fixed Income Fund,Inc.
- First Metro Save and Learn Money Market Fund, Inc.
- First Metro Save and Learn Philippine Index Fund, Inc.
MBG Investment Management, Inc.
|Name||MBG Investment Management, Inc.|
|Address||Ground Floor 110 Legazpi Street, Legaspi Village, Makati City 1229|
The MBG Investment Management, Inc. was established in 2011. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MBG Capital, Inc. Currently, the company manages one fund.
- MBG Equity Investment Fund, Inc.
Philam Asset Management, Inc. (PAMI)
|Name||Philam Asset Management, Inc. (PAMI)|
|Address||17F Philam Asset Management, Net Lima Building, 5th Avenue corner 26th Bonifacio Global City, Taguig 1634|
The Philam Asset Management Inc. (PAMI) was established in 1971 through Trinity Shares Inc., the first mutual fund in the country. Today, PAMI is part of Philam Life, an insurance company, which is in turn subsidiary of AIA Group. The company manages the following funds:
- NCM Mutual Fund, Inc.
- PAMI Asia Balanced Fund, Inc. (US$)
- PAMI Equity Index Fund, Inc.
- PAMI Global Bond Fund, Inc.
- PAMI Horizon Fund, Inc.
- Philam Bond Fund, Inc.
- Philam Dollar Bond Fund, Inc.
- Philam Fund, Inc.
- Philam Managed Income Fund, Inc.
- Philam Strategic Growth Fund, Inc.
Philequity Management, Inc. (PEMI)
|Name||Philequity Management, Inc. (PEMI)|
|Address||15th Floor Philippine Stock Exchange Tower, 5th Avenue corner 28th Street Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City 1634|
|Phone||(+632) 250-8700 | +63 917 865 7197 | +63 949 325 2712|
|Fax||(+632) 250 8701|
The Philequity Management, Inc. (PEMI) was founded in 1994. It is one of the subsidiaries of the publicly-listed company, Vantage Equities. It’s the partner company of eBIZ Western Union, so you definitely can submit proof of deposit and documents whenever you open accounts online.
Online application. PEMI allows anyone to open an account and invest online. Follow the instructions on their website. Prepare at least 2 valid identification cards with signature, fill out the forms, make the deposit for initial investments at any participating banks, and submit the documents at any eBIZ Western Union branches all over the Philippines.
- Philequity Dividend Yield Fund, Inc.
- Philequity Dollar Income Fund, Inc.
- Philequity Fund, Inc.
- Philequity Peso Bond Fund, Inc.
- Philequity PSE Index Fund, Inc.
- Philequity Strategic Growth Fund, Inc.
Sun Life Financial Philippines
The Sun Life Asset Management Company, Inc or SLAMCI was established at the turn of the century. It is a subsidiary of Sun Life Financial Philippines. It also manages the only feeder fund through mutual funds.
- Sun Life of Canada Prosperity Balanced Fund, Inc.
- Sun Life of Canada Prosperity Bond Fund, Inc.
- Sun Life Prosperity Achiever Fund 2028, Inc.
- Sun Life Prosperity Achiever Fund 2038, Inc.
- Sun Life Prosperity Achiever Fund 2048, Inc.
- Sun Life Prosperity Dollar Abundance Fund, Inc.
- Sun Life Prosperity Dollar Advantage Fund, Inc.
- Sun Life Prosperity Dollar Starter Fund, Inc.
- Sun Life Prosperity Dollar Wellspring Fund, Inc.
- Sun Life Prosperity Dynamic Fund, Inc.
- Sun Life Prosperity GS Fund, Inc.
- Sun Life Prosperity Money Market Fund, Inc.
- Sun Life Prosperity Philippine Equity Fund, Inc.
- Sun Life Prosperity Philippine Stock Index Fund, Inc.
- Sun Life Prosperity World Equity Index Feeder Fund, Inc.
- Sun Life Prosperity World Voyager Fund, Inc.
- ALFM Mutual Funds. ALFM. Accessed June 29, 2019
- Atram. Mutual Funds. Accessed June 29, 2019
- CLIMBS. Climbs Investment Management and Advisory Corporation. Accessed June 30, 2019
- Cocolife Asset Management, Inc. Our Funds. Accessed June 30, 2019
- MBG. MBG Mutual Funds. Accessed June 30, 2019
- Philam Asset Management, Inc. Our products. Accessed June 30, 2019
- Philequity Management, Inc. PEMI. Accessed June 30, 2019
- Philippine Investment Fund Association. Fund Members. Accessed June 29, 2019
- Sun Life. Investment Products. Accessed June 30, 2019
- SunStar. BPI Investment Management bags 15 titles in 11th Pifa Annual awards. Accessed June 29, 2019