Department of Theology and Religious Education (DTRE)
Graduate Studies of DTRE
cordially invite you to enroll in the
CERTIFICATE IN TEACHING RELIGION (CTRL)
In line with its mission of contributing toward the formation of able professionals and leaders for church and nation and actively addressing vital contemporary social and moral issues, DLSU offers a Certificate Program in Teaching Religion.
After the Second Vatican Council which ushered in the age of the laity, formation centers for catechists or evangelization became an urgent need in the church. The Philippines has Catholic/parochial schools at elementary and high school levels which are always in need of qualified religion teachers. Parishes that sponsor seminars for adult formation can find it much easier and less costly to send active parishioners to a formation center. The Certificate in Teaching Religion is a response to these needs.
We wish to remind the university community that the admission office is accepting the necessary documents from until October 14, 2023.
Interested participants must (1) be a College Graduate and (2) must pass the admission process of DLSU-Manila.
REQUIREMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED:
- Application Form
- Consent form
- Passport size photo (3.5cm X 4.5cm) with white background (scanned copy to be uploaded in the google link, and in the application form)
- Birth Certificate from the Philippine Statistics Authority
- Certificate of Marriage for female applicants who changed their name after marriage.
- Honorable Dismissal or Transfer Credentials (The “Transfer Credentials” (formerly referred to as “Honorable Dismissal”) is a document certifying that a student has no pending accountabilities with a school and is eligible for admission/transfer to another educational institution, or for admission into another degree program in the same educational institution.)
- Original Transcript of Records (for those who studied in the Philippines) or Apostille/Authenticated Transcript of Records (for those who studied outside the Philippines)
- Copy of diploma of participants who earned a college outside the Philippines (only if applicable)
- Two Letters of Recommendation from the parish priest and a former professor or employer – using the DLSU form
- Personal statement of academic and career objectives
Upload the documents at the Google Form here until October 14, 2023. Raters must upload the recommendation letters here until October 14, 2023. The details of the certificate program may be viewed here. The necessary forms can be downloaded here.
Thank you and we look forward to your participation.