In celebration of the Jubilees of St. Thomas Aquinas, the University Patron, from 2023 to 2025, Philippiniana Sacra editor Rev. fr. Jesus M. Miranda, Jr., O.P., PhD, invites scholars to submit their research articles on Thomistic studies.
“While the journal continues to publish the most relevant research articles in the areas of Ecclesiastical Sciences and Church history, research articles on Thomistic studies are most welcome for submission within these three years to highlight the festivities of the Angelic Doctor,” fr. Miranda said in the Editor’s Note of the September-December 2023 volume of the journal.
The Angelic Doctor’s 700th year of his canonization was celebrated this year on July 18, 2023; 750th anniversary of his Dies Natalis (death) will be celebrated in 2024; and, lastly, the 8th centenary of his birth in 2025.
“May we be reminded of the words of Thomas Aquinas, ‘The study of truth requires a considerable effort – which is why few are willing to undertake it out of love of knowledge – despite the fact that God has implanted a natural appetite for such knowledge in the minds of men (Summa Contra Gentiles).””
The official journal of the UST Ecclesiastical Faculties, being an open access website, facilitates the fluid curation and circulation of knowledge on ecclesiastical disciplines.
The articles published in the September – December volume are the following:
- “Treasures in Hell?” Exploring the Valley of Hinnom in the Biblical Concept of Gehenna and in the Scrolls of Ketef Hinnom by Jeffrey Segovia
- The Salamanca Process as an Embodiment of Dominican Charism Today by Leo-Martin Angelo Ruiz Ocampo
- The Church of Todos los Santos in Kelang (Keelung, Taiwan) by José Eugenio Borao Mateo
- Social Responsibility through the Lens of Emmanuel Levinas and the Filipino Value of Sociality by Allan A.Basas
- “In this land all is death:” Don Diego Vázquez de Mercado, first secular archbishop of Manila (1608-16) and the Vacant See (1617-20) by Alexandre Coello de la Rosa
- Un desconocido resumen de los ataques de la piratería mora en las misiones recoletas de las Islas Calamianes, Filipinas (1739) (PHILIPPINIANA RECORDS) by Jorge Mojarro
- Co, Alfredo P. ed. Doing Philosophy in the Philippines: The Thomasian Collection. Volume 1. Manila: University of Santo Tomas Publishing House, 2020. pp 493. ISBN 978-971-506-857-4. Volume 2. Manila: University of Santo Tomas Publishing House, 2022. pp. 272. ISBN 978-971-506-904-5. (REVIEWS & NOTICES) by Joselito B. Zulueta
- Weigle, George. To Sanctify the World The Vital Legacy of Vatican II. New York: Basic Books, 2022. pp. 353. ISBN: 978-046-509-431-8. (REVIEWS & NOTICES) by Jose Adriand Emmanuel L. Layug
- Sarkisian, Rick. Not Your Average Joe: The Real St. Joseph and the Tools for Real Manhood and the World. San Francisco: Ignatius Press, 2005. pp. 85. ISBN 0-9743962-4-9. (REVIEWS & NOTICES) by Melanie D. Turingan
- Siefert, Josef Maria. The Splendor of the Good and Intrinsically Evil Acts: The Cornerstone of Karol Wojtyla/Pope John Paul II’s (1920-2020) Ethics and Moral Teachings: A Philosophical Defense. 2nd ed. Spain: International Academy of Philosophy Press, 2021. pp. 269. ISBN: 979-873-262-0863. (REVIEWS & NOTICES) by Blaise D. Ringor
- Manlangit, Jerry Reb. MHA, Ph.D. Fundamental Concepts, Principles, and Issues in BIOETHICS. Rev. Ed. 2020. pp. 629. ISBN-13:979-868-039-900-2. (REVIEWS & NOTICES) by Marian Joanne Co-Pua, DCL
View the recent issue of Philippiniana Sacra here: https://philsacra.ust.edu.ph/?fbclid=IwAR09taBz-epCdGhLI4K8AlpL3Ml2yKY2DmcwKQaHBC3UKLxSy9YGufJDTyA